Sunday, March 21, 2010

Visits from friends and family

This past week we had some fun visitors!

On Monday our friends from Twin Falls, Sam and Angela, came to visit. (I'm kicking myself now because I forgot to take pictures while they were here.) They were in Boise visiting some of their family for Spring Break and stopped by to see us. We went out to dinner with them to Texas Roadhouse... Funny story!!! Because we went on a Monday it was "Kid Day" and so they had some fun things for kids going on. They had an ice cream station set up where the kids could go get a scoop and put on their own toppings and there was this armadillo thing wandering around... you know like the hot dog outfits that people wear for fairs and baseball games. And I didn't see one single child that wasn't totally freaked out by the stinking thing! :) Paige included. It knelt down by her and stuck out its pointy finger (scary!!!). Paige looked over at Scott and I wide-eyed and was like "what the heck is this thing... please get it away from me!!!" Scott and I both said that it was rather scary and we would be scared of it too, it looked like some kind of monster! :/
On Tuesday Scott's brother in-law, Jay, was in town and stopped by for a visit. Scott and Jay went golfing and they had a lot of fun! Scott hasn't been able to go in a while and so it was a nice break for him.
Wednesday was St. Pattie's Day! And we all put on our little bit'o'green and headed out. We ran some errands and went to the park to fly our kite and see if we could sneak a turn on the swings. Paige loves swinging! There is this awesome park in Meridian that is always packed. It's got everything... swings, tons of "big toys", musical instruments, and this cool swishy ground under all the play equipment.
Sadly to say there was not a single swing available and we were on a time crunch cause Scott needed to go to work at 2pm so we decided we would try out the slides... Paige was not impressed. But, I did get cute picture moments with daddy! We also took out our kite that my dad gave to us a few years ago for our birthdays. It is awesome! We love it, we have taken it out many times and we have so much fun flying it. The day was windy enough when we first got it out, but moments after getting it into the air the wind died down. So I didn't take any pictures. We did get enough attention from some little kids for the few moments that it was up though, and they came running over to watch, much to their disappointment when we couldn't get it to stay up.

Scott had the day off on Thursday so we just relaxed all day, and enjoyed our time with Daddy!
Took this picture of him and Paige when we were getting Paige ready to go to bed. My parents got her this super cute T-shirt while they were in Mexico on their cruise. Thanks Grandpa and Grandma Scott.

She loves it, she loves books and it has a mouth that opens and closes just like a book. Super cute! It's still a little big on her, so for now we are using it as a jammy shirt. Fun huh!?!

Friday Scott worked so it was just Paige and me. We ran some errands and I worked on some craft projects. We had rented some older movies from Hastings for Paige to watch, you know the classics that we watched when we were kids Thumbelina, Beauty and the Beast, and Bug's Life. So we watched one of them, which at this stage Paige can only sit and watch for about 20-30 min increments at a time. But I enjoy watching her see them for the first time.

On Saturday, Paige and I went out with our friends, Kimberly and Brenna. We went to Hobby Lobby. Which is one of the coolest stores ever! It is so affordable for my "something a little extra budget". It was so fun! Paige and I get so lonely when Scott works his long shifts. I don't really know about Paige, but I sure do! I stay busy, but lonely... so thanks for going with us Kimbo and Brenna! :) I even got some fun stuff to make an Easter Wreath with... gonna work on that tomorrow while Scott is at work and Paige is napping. Yeah, for adult time!!!! Then when we got home from shopping I put Paige down for a nap and made lasagna to take over to Scott at work. It was so fun for Paige and I to have dinner with Daddy! I used to take him lunch all the time when we lived in Twin, but we haven't had many opportunities to go visit him her in Nampa, where he just started his job he's never really sure when the best times are for us to come visit. But, I think now that he's been there for a while we will be visiting more often.

And of course, today we went to church. Love Sundays! It's such a needed break from the rest of the normal weekly stuff. It's definitely my spiritual revamp for the week. :)
I finally finished Paige's dress that I have been working on for the past couple of weeks. She was able to wear it for the first time today for church. I made a matching bow and she looked so cute! I am going to make her another one for Easter Sunday.

This past week I gave some cubes of cheese to Paige. She loves cheese! And because she got her first tooth last week, she bit a piece off!! Can you believe it! We were so proud of her! Her first BITE!!! It's kinda little in the picture, but I swear there is a bite out of it! ;) Something funny Scott said this past week regarding her tooth... "That things not a tooth is a jagged shard!"

Scott's been working a lot of 12 hour shifts this week. He goes on these stretches where he has like 4 or 5 in a row and then a few days off. We did get his new rotating schedule and it looks like we will have some 5 to 7 day breaks in there which will be awesome! Maybe we can plan on doing some fun things during those breaks. :) I am hoping that we can plan something fun for our anniversary this year since it's our 5th! And this way we can plan around his schedule and he doesn't have to ask for time off.

Hopefully next week we will have some updated news on the house... once again more delays. If we don't hear anything by next week we are going to start looking at more homes. Don't want to miss out on the 8,000 dollar tax credit!

3 comments:

Steph said...

You are so crafty, I love it! The dress looks adorable and the little girl in it is positively gorgeous. She looks so much like a Scott!!

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

i think the pic with Scott where paige is smiling has to be one of my all time fav pics of Paige! She's so cute! Love her blue eyes and cute grin. aww. gavin loves cheese too. and i agree, those chompers are super sharp.
Linda

The Cook Clan said...

So cute! Sounds like lots of fun things to do. Better than boring ole' Twin!