Sunday, March 7, 2010

House News and Weekly Update

There are so many exciting things that have happened this past week...

We found a home that we really like. Its 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, built in 2006, hardwood floors in the kitchen and entry, 2 car garage, bonus room, and almost 2,000 square feet, and in a great neighborhood! We made an offer on February 23rd, and we are waiting, waiting, waiting... It's a short sale so the bank has the final say in the acceptance at closing. The bank doesn't really have a time limit, unlike that of normal sales. Unfortunately, there is no telling whether we will get it until the day of closing. We recieved a phone call from our Realtor this past Thursday telling us that it looks pretty promising and we have a really good chance of having our offer accepted. We should find out sometime next week (fingers crossed!). Short sales are definately more of a process that's for sure, but the reason that we finally chose to go ahead and make an offer was because it is a really good deal, that we don't want to pass it up. Anyway, that is some exciting news. Hopefully, we can stay excited...
We think that Paige might start crawling here pretty soon. She has been rolling around like crazy and has figured out how to turn any direction that she wants. If she sees something in front of her that she wants, she scoots her body forward to get it. She hasnt figured out how to push herself up to her knees yet, but she does an army crawl thing and pushes with her toes and arms. We video taped it, but I'm sure that it is just footage that only mommy and daddy find fun. It was like 2 or 3 minutes long of dragging an item across the floor and her scooting forward to get it. She is learning something new every day it seems like!
~

She is getting so good with her hands now. Here's a picture of her "reading" her favorite book. And no, we did not set this up... she lays on the floor like this on an almost daily basis looking at her book. Scott said he has even seen her flip it right side up to look at the pages when its upside down. We read it a few times a day, so I am sure that she know exactly which way is up and how the pictures are supposed to look. :)
She did something so cute tonight... before I laid her down for bed she was eating her night time snack in her high chair and started looking at her hands; holding them up in front of her face and closing her fingers. She was smiling so big everytime that her fingers closed. I think that she is figuring out that she can control them to do what she wants. She is getting better and better at feeding herself too! She picks up food with her index finger and thumb now and rarely misses her mouth. Last week we bought her some Goldfish Crackers (the baby size) and she loves them! She crunches them with her gums and chews them up.
~
We got this fish for Paige for Christmas that swims in the bathtub. You wind it up and it's tail wiggles back and forth and moves in the tub. Paige loves it! She follows it around in the tub trying to catch it. So, I took a picture of her holding "Nemo" after her bath. (we call it Nemo, cause... well... just look at it:) She loves to chew on it. This reminds me, her first tooth is almost broken through! I can see a white dot on the bottom left front part of her gums.
And yes, I know absolutely nothing about the technical terms for what the tooth number is, so stop laughing Davis! :)
This was the best that I could do!

~
Saturday (yesterday) Paige and I went for a walk in our neighborhood. The weather has been beautiful her the past couple of weeks. Saturday it was almost 60 degrees, so we thought that we would get out and enjoy the weather a bit. Scott was at work, so after our walk we went out to our playground at our apartment complex and I put her in the swing. She thought it was pretty cool. She had so much fun. She would get so excited when the swing was coming forward towards me. I realized that it would have been a good idea to take the camera out with me after the fact, so I didn't get any pictures, darn it! When we go out this week I will definitely get some to post next week! So cute!
~
Just thought this picture was fun. This was taken this past week, right after breakfast. Paige was sitting in the high chair like this watching me clean the kitchen. She was just chillin'. You know that almost tired kind of way.

This past Wednesday Scott and I went on our second date since Paige was born. We hadn't gotten to celebrate Valentine's Day because Scott was working that whole weekend. We had some of our friends watch her for us so that we could go out. Kimberly watched her for us during the day while we went to a session (I hadn't been to the temple since before Paige was born!). And then we took her over to Mike and Barb's while we went out to dinner. It was great to get out and go on a well needed date! Paige even loved getting out and having a couple play dates with all our friends kids. Thanks so much you guys for watching her for us!!!

Scott got a full-time postition at the hospital, so he works about 4 -12hour shifts a week. I get pretty lonely and need something to do, not that I'm not busy enough with Paige :) I just needed some adult time, so I have been doing a lot of sewing lately. I made 5 super cute bibs that my awesome friend, Chantel, showed me how to make. And I have been desperately wanting to make one of those shopping cart covers. I had a pattern that I had purchased, and decided that I would make one! It was so fun. I took a look at the pattern and didn't quite like how cheapy it looked so I did some research and made my own pattern! Complete with pocket and links for toys. I was so proud of myself, it turned out awesome!!! I love it! It took me 3 days, but it was worth it. And it gave me something to do while Scott was at work. We use it everywhere we go. I put it in the shopping cart at the store, in the swing at the park, anywhere you name it. I am currently working on some cute dresses for Paige, so we will see how they turn out, I am making the patterns myself because I don't really care to use the store bought patterns. Its a lot more fun and satisfying to make something that is 100% you! It's been a fun hobby. Thanks Mom for teaching me how to sew, putting me in sewing 4H and taking me to all those sewing classes with you! Those were some fun memories we spent together, and now I can even make neat things!

Paige loves her jumper... she just recently figured out how to jump!

Anyway, that's just a little bit about what's been going on around here lately.

3 comments:

The Cook Clan said...

Wow, you have been super busy! Cute cute pics once again. I wanna see pics of your sewing projects.

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe how much Paige has changed! She's such a doll. Glad to hear you guys went on a date. way to go. And you should totally sell the stuff you're making, like on etsy. i can't believe you made your own pattern for the shopping cart cover, but people would buy them up on etsy. you really should think about it. plus i'd promote you on my blog ;) I know how it is needing adult/personal time. That's partly why I started my blog. I needed an out. Davis is leaving on rotation again this week, so I'll give you a call later this week. When they guys are gone like that, it's nice to talk to an adult sometimes lol
Linda

Kirk and Joy said...

Paige is so cute. Isn't it so fun to watch them learn lots of different things. Thats so exciting that you found a house I hope it worksout. Hopefully we can get together some time and catch up.