Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hearing a heartbeat for the first time!

Right before Christmas we had another appointment for the baby. It was awesome!!! Scott came with me this time; it was the first appointment that he had been able to go to with me. It was amazing. We got to hear the baby’s heart beat… which brought tears to both our eyes. It makes it all a little more real. Baby is definitely growing; I am not able to really wear any of my pre-pregnancy clothes…welcome to Maternity Clothes!!! The baby is now about the size of a soft ball.

We’ve been so excited to get some things together for the baby, so this past weekend we bought the baby a stroller/car seat (it’s cheaper as a set). It was fun to actually have something for the baby. Scott was saying to me that he couldn’t believe that we are really having a baby… It definitely feels like it now! In a few weeks (around Valentine’s Day) we get to find out what we are having, so we’re pretty excited about that!!!

6 comments:

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Hey Ash! I finally am able to see your blog. I am so excited! You'll have to post pics of your stroller and car seat. It's fun buying for the baby isn't it? It's so easy to spend so much money because baby things are ridiculously priced.

We have been meaning to call and chat, but Gavin hasn't been sleeping well lately and we're completely exhausted. Hopefully he'll start sleeping better soon.

Chad and Emily said...

What a fun blog! I will be a faithful follower...can't wait to see that niece/nephew growing!!! You are going to be the cutes parents ever!

Melinda said...

Hey guys! That is so exciting to hear you are expecting. Those months of waiting are priceless! And the shopping is so fun! The things I don't know what I would have done without are the papasan swing, the boppy, and the infant seat. Hope all is well! Can't wait to hear if its a girl or boy!

Steph said...

ASHLEY!! Congratulations! I am so so excited for you! My mom and I were just talking about you earlier today wondering how you and Scott were doing! You look so adorable, as always!
--Steph

Janelle & Brandon said...

Hey Ashley, I just found your blog off of facebook, Congrats on the baby on the way! We are expecting at the end of March.

Janae said...

Hey Girl! I am so excited that you have a blog now! You are so cute pregnant, even if you don't think so. I never felt like I was. I just felt HUGE! Of course I am only 5 feet myself and being so short there really is nowhere for the baby to go, but EVERYWHERE! I am so excited for you.