Sunday, April 22, 2012

Declan Scott Willoughby

Welcome Declan Scott Willoughby!!!!
We are so excited that Declan is finally here :)
We wanted to show some fun pictures that we have taken so far...


Morning of induction (39 weeks)


Stats:
Birthday:  April 10, 2012 
Time:  4:23 pm
Weight:  7 lb. 13 oz.
Length:  20.5 inches

 NICU staff taking vitals 

 So cute :)

 Stretch!

Declan was taken up to the NICU right after birth.  We were told that we would be unable to hold him until we were up to the NICU and Declan was stable.  But, to our surprise they said that he was doing so well that they let me hold him for just a moment and then let Scott carry him up to the NICU!  Then once he went up to the NICU they did an ECHO and found that he did indeed have the diagnosis of Interrupted Inferior Vena Cava with Azygos Vein Continuation and that he had a small hole in his heart that would hopefully close on it's own and that he wouldn't need any immediate surgery to repair it.  What a relief to hear this news.  Then the Doctor told us that he saw no reason that he could not return home with us upon discharge and that we could take him to our room with us!

 In our room in Post-pardum!
We have a pic with Scott and Paige just like this from when Paige was born!

 Proud Daddy!

Declan and Mommy

 Paige meeting Declan for the first time!  Paige thinks that he is pretty awesome.  She was so excited when she came into our room, she ran right over to me and pointed at Declan and proudly announced, 
"That's my baby brother!!!"

 Here's a good picture of Declan's face!  He sure is a cutie...

 Paige holding Declan!

 So sweet!  LOVE MY LITTLE FAMILY :)

He's really here!?!

 Grandpa and Grandma Scott and Paige

Paige just can't get enough of him 

My brother Seth came to visit us while we were in the Hospital.  
We were lucky enough that he was working in Boise for a few days and got to see Declan!

 Daddy holding Declan

 Leaving the hospital!

Coming home
Paige was soooooo EXCITED!

I am absolutely in love with this sweet little boy!  He has completely stollen my heart!  
We are so happy that he is a part of our family!

3 comments:

Kirk and Joy said...

He is so cute! Congrats on your little guy. I hope every thing will go well with his surgery. I will pray for Declan and your family. We love you guys.

Katie said...

Thanks for the update! He is beautiful, and I am glad he is doing as well as he is! I hope his surgery goes perfect! I am always here if you want to talk! I know you are busy, but let me know if you need something. I might just come visit! You guys are in my prayers! Love you!

cheryl said...

What a handsome boy. Can't wait to meet him. Know that your family is in my prayers.

Cheryl King