Sunday, July 25, 2010

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY PAIGE!!!

Paige turned 1 on June 27th!!! Almost 1 month ago... Paige's birthday happened to land on a Sunday, so we did her party on Saturday, June 26th. We had some visitors and it turned out great and we had so much fun!!!! My brother Jared and his family came down from Pocatello and stayed the weekend with us. They arrived on Friday, June 25th and they stayed until Sunday night, June 27th. And my parents came on Saturday and stayed a few days too! It was so fun!!!!

Here's a few pictures of the event:
We did a BBQ out on our back patio... my wonderful sister in-law, Carrie, made all of the sides! She is AWESOME! Couldn't have done it without her!
Opening presents...
She wanted to play with each thing that she opened and couldn't figure out why we were taking them away. She got a little upset with us. "What are you doin' to me... you just gave me that and now you are taking it away, so not cool!!!"
The cake... This was only my second attempt at fondant, and I rolled the fondant a little too thin so it didn't turn out the way I hoped. You know perfect! But the cake itself was to die for... I did a chocolate cake and creamy oreo filling. Mmm.... I might have to make that again before the next big birthday rolls around. We gave Paige the top BIG cupcake for her to eat.
Singing "Happy Birthday!" and blowin' out the candle!
She really liked the cake!


Oh, the mess!

But oh, so fun!!!!! :)


Tonight as I was writing this post I was thinking about all the wonderful memories that we have had with Paige so far. I was looking back at all the posts that I have written since she was born and oh, how the memories started flowing back. Being pregnant with her and feeling her move, the day we brought her home from the hospital, giving her her first bath, the first time that she smiled at us, the first time that she really looked at us, holding her tiny little body in my arms for the first time. I could go on and on! Wow, what an impact she has made on our lives!!!! We absolutely love you Paige! Can't imagine life without you!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAIGEY K!!!

4 comments:

Kimberly Miller said...

Wow that cake looks AWESOME! I love the darling pictures of Paige eating her cake. What a cutie!

Chad and Emily said...

The cake does look PERFECT, Ash; and I'm sure it tasted that way too! You are a gourmet! Cute Paige pics...she looks like she loved the mess!

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Happy Birthday Paige babe! What a fun partay! and that cake is to die for! seriously, i think it's perfect :)
Miss you guys!!
Linda

The Cook Clan said...

What a little cutie! That cake sounds YUMMY! It was fun seeing you guys.