Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tooth #2 and Clapping!

Paige is growing like a weed! She just got her second tooth, and has now learned to wave at people and clap her hands. She also tries to sing along with me when I sing to her. And to top it all off she just turned 10 months old yesterday!!! I can't believe it! My baby is almost 1 year old, time just goes by too fast!! She is almost crawling... she army crawls everywhere! She moves so fast. She uses her forearms and toes to push herself forward. Here are a few pictures of me trying to take a picture of her and the second she saw the camera she was off! Moving too fast for me to take a good picture of her. Just thought that it was fun, I didn't really have any pictures of her crawling yet :)
Finally the picture I was trying to take!
Since Paige is army crawling and getting into things that she is not supposed to... Like all of the exciting cords we have plugged into the walls, breakable window blinds and dangerous stuff that homes come with that are not child safe we broke out the play pen. When I am doing the dishes, cooking or cleaning and I have stuff in and on my hands it has become too difficult to try and chase after her. So we have put all of her toys into her play pen so that I can contain her and she can safely play while I am busy and unable to closely watch her. We were worried that she would hate it and think it is a prison, but she loves it. She loves to press her face against the mesh sides and make funny faces at us. It is hilarious!!! Man, it is incredible how hard you can laugh at a 10 month old! Here's a few pictures of this funny event:

Here's a video of Paige clapping. I was feeding her the other day and saying "yay!" and clapping after she took bites... and then to my surprise she just did it on her own and just kept doing it over and over! So I video taped her. Plus Scott was at work when she did it so I wanted to show him, and the next day I showed it to him and had her do it for him. He said it is one of the cutest things that he has ever seen and I have to agree with him. I think it might possibly be the cutest thing that she has done so far! I have to tell you... I was so happy when she first did it my cheeks where hurting cause I was smiling so much. What joy children bring into our lives! She definitely has brought a joy that I never thought possible into my life. She is so cute :)

Love her!!!

Did some fun stuff this past week... Dreaming mostly!

This past Saturday we went to the Farmers' Market here in Boise. Wow, this is the biggest Farmers' Market that I have ever been to! We went last summer with our friends Zach and Kimberly and it was so fun, so we decided that we would go since they just opened it up last week. We will definitely go back a couple of times this summer, especially since the summer veggies and fruits haven't even come into season yet!

Drove past our house about a dozen times... can't wait! We are getting so excited. I am sure that the people in the neighborhood think that we are some kind of stockers!!!! We just can't help ourselves. We decided that we just might wait until we get those keys before we drive past again, so it makes it a little more fun and the neighborhood doesn't think we are freaks! haha! :) It just doesn't seem to be coming soon enough, only 2 weeks left to go! We let the sellers have an additional 15 days before closing... so 45 instead of 30 days like usual. They needed a little extra time so that they could find a house, so this is dragging a little for us... Oh, well I guess we will be that more excited when it gets here!

We did get a phone call on Friday from our realtor stating that the appraisal came back and it was appraised at $5 thousand less than what we offered. So, we were kinda freaking out about whether this was going to be a bad thing for us, since a bank won't give you a loan for more than a home has been appraised for. We were afraid that the sellers would come back with an offer that we couldn't do, but we received a phone call Monday morning saying that they had lowered the purchase price to the appraisal value, nothing else changed. Needless to say it was a little bit of a stressful weekend but it ended up being a great thing for us. We get to pay $5 thousand less than we thought! Yay!

We also went to quite a few garden centers on Monday and dreamed about all the fun plants that we can have in our flower beds We also went and looked at all the "exciting and fun" (essential) equipment that we have to have to have to go along with our house... Lawn mower, weed eater, power tools, gardening tools, fridge, hose and etc. Unfortunately, we can't spend all of our extra money we have set aside for furniture, dang it!!! We have to be responsible!?!? Oh, to be an adult! We will be able to get some furniture which will be fun, but all the other things that we need outweigh furnishing the entire house. So, we will have to wait for some of our more expensive furniture dreams. Although, I guess Scott is kinda excited about the power tools and lawn mower :)

Anyway, fun, exciting things happening! Hope it goes by fast! :)


3 comments:

Chantel said...

Paige is so cute! I can't believe she is almost a year already. :) I think it is so funny that you guys keep driving past the house, and hoping the neighbors won't think you are stalkers. lol. We did the exact same thing when we bought our house in Indiana.We would drive very slow in front of "our" house all the time. I am so excited for you guys! Just think, even if you can't buy all the furniture now, a gallon of paint doesn't cost too much and they are your walls! ;)Good luck with the closing. Wish we lived closer so we could help you move in.

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Go Paige! Cute pics! love the last one of her army crawling. so cute. Congrats on the house! Can't wait for you guys to get the keys and take pics of all of it (hint hint) and that's cool it's cheaper for you too. that so never happens lol way to go guys!

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

ps i cried when we closed on our house.... bring a tissue just in case....