Saturday, September 26, 2009

This week has been a great and eventful one...Paige is Growing!

HIGHLIGHTS FOR THE WEEK:

~Paige is offically 3 months old tomarrow!!! Wow, three months went by soooo fast. Too fast! :)

~Grandpa and Grandma Scott came to visit this last Saturday and we picked lots of peaches at an orchard in the Twin Falls Canyon (ok, mostly Grandma and Grandpa... Paige was a little grumpy, in other words: SUPER HUNGRY! So I did a lot of watching from the nice air conditioned truck. I felt pretty guilty) And neat side note: The thermometer in my parent's truck read that it was 111 degrees in the canyon!!! It was sooooo HOT! As we were driving up and out of the canyon it read that it was in the Low 90's... Yea, Twin Falls is a lot hotter than I thought! :)

~Mom and Dad even showed me how to can peaches (we made 1 batch, 7 bottles)... lots of work, Wow! But it was worth it! With three of us it went pretty fast, I can't imagine how long it would take with just one person. My mother was reading a comment out of one of my cookbooks on canning and it read: 'There is something deeply satisfying about looking at a row of jewel-toned jellies, scarlet tomatoes or golden peaches that you've just "put up" or canned yourself with produce from your garden or farmers market.' You know it is true ~ I felt pretty good, even more after I made some homemade jam out of the left over peaches. Yum... and what goes better with jam than a warm slice of homemade bread. Yea, I was pretty proud of myself. And Scott even got to reap some of the yummy benefits!

~Scott is officially a third way through his LAST semester of nursing and starting into his preceptorship section...
(He will be shadowing another nurse for about a month apx. 108 hours is required)

~We went to the parade of homes in Twin Falls and got lots of fun ideas for our own home... someday :) A girl can dream right?!?

~Paige is getting into more of a schedule, pretty predicable now. Yea!!! And she is sometimes sleeping through the night (hey, better some then none right?) And even better... it's like 10 pm to 6-8 in the morning! 8 to 10 hour stretch is great!

~Paige is grabbing at toys and getting more c00rdinated with her hands. She is so fun (the highlight of my every day!)

~Paige is also smiling and laughing ALL the time, absolutely LOVE IT!!!! Scott and I think that she is just the coolest, greatest, awesomest thing ever! Yea, we pretty much are in love with her! How can we not! She's the GREATEST!

So here are a few pics of this week...
Paige smiling! She was sitting in the bumbo watching me do the dishes and she kept smiling at me so I just had to take a picture!
Here's another one... this one's a close-up~ Look at those dimples, just like Daddy!
She's getting so much better at holding up her head. Way to go Paige! :)
Paige grabbing her lion hand puppet... so cute love these!

~Our sweetheart!~

A video of Paige the other morning... She was grabbing at a toy on her play gym and there are some fun coos in here too. She really enjoys talking right now and experimenting with her voice!

4 comments:

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Wow has it really been 3 months since she was born?!! oh my heck! crazy! She's grown so much! And I can see both of you in her sweet little face. She's a doll!! I had no idea ID could ever get so hot.

The Cook Clan said...

So cute! Canning peaches is a ton of work, but I'm just glad to say I did it and have some.

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

Oh goodness, what a cute little baby girl! She is adorable! Don't you love the bumbo? I had it with my last baby and loved every minute of it. It was so worth it.
Peaches are my favorite to can because it's so much faster than pears. Ugh. Pears. I still have another batch to do or they will go bad. It's worth it though.

Chad and Emily said...

We are crossing our fingers all works out for us to see you over the holidays because we can't wait to give Paige some hugs!

Chad says: foget the parents...send me the kid! She is soooo cute. And I know cute women...look at my wife.